The Original Meeting for The Prince and Snow White, from the original 1937 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs comic strip, released weekly, beginning December 14, a week before the film’s premiere.
Look, everyone! He has a name.
Okay, I’m calling him Prince Buckethead from now on X’D
My sister is pregnant, and told me today that if she has a boy, she doesn’t mind if I show him Doctor Who.
But if it’s a girl, she doesn’t want me to.
Reblog to help me show her that: first, it will be the kid’s choice if she/he likes it; and second that girls can be hard Whovians and it’s not just a “boys universe”.
SHE SAID WHAT?
"Swedes are shaking up their language with a new gender-neutral pronoun. The pronoun, “hen,” allows speakers and writers to refer to a person without including reference to a person’s gender. This month, the pronoun made a big leap toward mainstream usage when it was added to the country’s National Encyclopedia."
Teenager buys £600 worth of shopping for 4p and donates food to charity
A teenager collected hundreds of supermarket coupons to buy £600 worth of shopping for 4p so he could give the food to families.
Jordon Cox, 16, scoured endless websites and magazines and gathered hundreds of coupons for dozens of products.
After spending hours each day searching the internet for coupons, he managed to collect 470, which he took to his local supermarket, and filled three trolleys with food and household items.
The bill came to £572.16, but once the coupons were factored in the bill was reduced to just 4p - a saving of 99.81 per cent.
The teenager, of Brentwood in Essex, donated all his food to the charity Doorstep which gives food to disadvantaged families.
More at the link.
Fucking beautiful. But, you know, teenagers don’t do anything important
I have to reblog proof that my home county isn’t all stupidity and fake tan.
Tips for self defense in places where you can’t use the likes of pepper spray etc (it’s also legal).
- Use a house key or a car key
- If you have key rings on the keys, simply keep these in the palm of your hand and hold tight.
- Place the key between your ring finger and your middle finger - do not place it between your index and middle finger as it’s a weaker hold.
- If you want to be discreet, keep this position in your coat pocket or somewhere where you can keep the keys hidden. If you don’t have a pocket, try keeping hold of the keys in your hand but within your sleeve - as if they were too big for you.
- If you feel in danger or someone goes to attack you, try to jab your attacker in the places circled in red. These are weak spots and will give off a feeling of being stabbed, however there will be no wound - it’ll just stun your attacker and bide you enough time to run.
- Try to aim for the lower areas such as the stomach and sides, these are weaker spots, however the middle of the chest and neck help too. This is the same for women.
This is important.
I do this on every walk home if it’s just me
The more you know.
One time I was playing The Sims. My kid had a soccer game, and while the teams were huddled up, I changed to buy mode and put washing machines around the opposing team, enclosing them within their detergent scented prison. Thanks to my ingenious strategy, my child’s team was able to take the ball from the opposite goalie and score repeatedly. By the time the clock ran out, we were up 46-0, and the opposing team was sobbing in puddles of their own piss. I am the best soccer mom.